Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Room with a view.

Room with a view
 and it even accommodates a fall ball which you can just see.


Mary Poppins would be proud as I purchased this little number at the garden centre the other day. I must admit after my initial delight with it I realised that I had just purchased more plastic, Doh! Oh well, you cant get it right all the time but that aside I must say I think its great. I have fed the birds from my cherry tree on the front lawn but crows also feed from the feeders which is alright as they need to survive too and I do get a fair share of finches and tits. Unfortunately, the larger birds do break all of the lower smaller growing branches which is always disappointing. I dont like putting seed on the ground as it encourages rats and neither I nor the neighbours would appreciate that. I must put a nail on the shed in the back garden as that would be much more suitable for hanging feeders but if I can encourage birds to this new feeder then I will have the best seat in the house...for free!

Cherry blossom from the front garden, now crow free

4 comments:

  1. Never seen a bird feedeer like this one! Does this one only allow the smaller birds to access the food through the top? I like the fact that it prevents rats and as you said room with a view! great purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There. It is for smaller birds but if you look at the front of it, it is completely open with just a small lip to keep the seeds within the tray area. I'm hoping that the smaller birds will use it like the tits and finches etc as they are always fighting for a chance when the larger feeders are up. I will put the larger feeders on the shed and the bigger birds can enjoy that. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to get husband to build me a bird table. He'll need reminding but I know you know him too well :-) .
    And can you guess who I am :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gillyflower. Yes I know who you are and because I know your husband too, I know you will have a great bird table :) Dont know if you feed the birds already but even though they will eat you out of house and home they are so enjoyable to watch.

    ReplyDelete