Thursday, June 28, 2012

Saving a few pounds...or losing them


One of the things I like about being green is when I can do it and save money. As if we needed reminding we are going through a spot of trouble on the economical front and many cut backs have to be made. For example, when I had a job I loved going to the gym and taking a swim and a sauna not even stopping to think of the price I was paying per year and certainly not considering the electricity being

used (or perhaps wasted on the many occasions I was too lazy to go). I've loved seeing these outdoor gyms popping up all around the country. Yes they require more material that wont naturally break down but the only energy required is the energy that we put in manually. Not only that but we can get fit and take in the fresh air (when its not raining of course but who is to say that you cant train even then?). My hubby and I went to the next town to check out the outdoor gym for ourselves and although we didn't stay long as we were just taking a look, we will definitely be going back. No fees, instructions on how to use the equipment written up, fresh air and ...hopefully...a fit me by the end of it all.


Are you familiar with these Outdoor Gyms? Let me know what you think of them



3 comments:

  1. We have one of these outdoor gyms down the road from us. It's called a Senior Citizens playground. It is amazing how often I see people using it. Not tried it myself yet. I have a pedometer and try and do my 10,000 steps a day. Didn't manage it today but yesterday I clocked up twice as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my pedometer too although sometimes I forget about it for a while but always enjoy getting back on track. Its hard to believe how much you can clock up so easily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it shows when I have been lazy too :-(

      Delete