Saturday, March 19, 2011

The cost of colour...

The cost of colour
The thing about college is there are a lot of assignments throughout the year and of course there are the projects that have deadlines ever before you need to study for the end of year exams. I ran out of colour ink today just when I wanted to start printing out one of those projects and have it completed and ready to go. Well I suppose its better to find out now than the night before which is always a possibility. Ink can be an expensive thing to replace now depending on the printer you have and what it demands. I wonder is it really costing the earth?

 I started thinking about wasted ink a while back as I learnt from people that some  printers are set to "run out" after a certain number of pages whether it really has run out or not. Cheek, I say, having payed my money in good faith that I am getting the best value from the printer brand and ink recommended. Well I started visiting my local Recharge Cartridges and I have to say I am really happy with the service I get there. The owner is cheerful, chatty and always bends over backwards to help me. Even if I have a printer problem I can ring him up and he is more than happy to help. He may not necessarily be making a wage from me at the time of my call, but you can be sure that I will spend my money at his shop in return. I get my cartridges refilled and for less and they work perfectly fine and whats more there is a guarantee if something goes wrong with the cartridge which you don't get with every other brand you purchase. Once out of the box and wrapper shops are not inclined to take them back as who is going to buy a used cartridge? I am happy in the knowledge that when the ink runs out it really has run out and so none of it is being poured into the environment. The plastic casing gets used over and over until it burns out and although I am not sure of this (must ask him), I believe that that cartridge is recycled somewhere and also not thrown onto the landfill. Because Recharge Cartridges have lots of shops around and mine is only in the next town, I can also shop locally and keep car pollution down and local businesses open. Yes all in all, a good days work I think.
So, next time you need an ink cartridge for your printer take the empty one to Recharge or if you don't have a Recharge nearby see if someone else is doing the same thing under another name. It will save you pennies and make you feel better and you will get more out of it than buying new I'm sure. If you are in a business you are helping the boss save money and he/she can brag about doing their bit.
You see there are pots of gold at the end of colourful rainbows!
Let me know if you have tried this and what your thoughts are by leaving a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment