Thursday, December 16, 2010

A greener Christmas...

                                      

Just in the process of writing my Christmas cards. Well, typing actually because this year I am sending e-cards. No I'm not being lazy, there are several reasons for it but one important one is that I have seen where all of the cards go to after Christmas....



...the bin. By sending an e-card I am still taking the time to send my Merry Christmas wishes to those that I care about wherever they may be and I will admit that by doing it this way I have a better chance of sending it on time. I will be sending some cards by post and they will be for family and relatives and those who I think my hold onto the cards because it is from someone close to them and I do believe in supporting the local post office and so will carry this tradition on. In tough times too e-cards can help and I know of a lovely site that I use and by using it I not only find very nice e-cards but they are free too. I sent a card to myself once to see how it would arrive before I took the plunge and was really pleased with it. It is an American site called Care2care and so a lot of things there such as the adverts etc are American and may not be of use to people in different countries but the cards are great and there is a nice choice considering it is free. I did find another site too that you have to pay for but it isn't much. One card was so beautifully animated that I was very tempted. Still, you sign up on line for a month or however long you want but then have to write to them to end the contract. Too much like hard work for me but I am sure that many of the greeting card sites work in the same way. Anyway, my point is that you should check them out for yourself and see what you think. If you stick to the paper cards then please recycle them after you are finished with them but if you dare to send a few e-cards as well then you are preventing waste in the first place. Happy hunting!

 Click here to view a gorgeous animated Chrstmas card from Care2care.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment