Thursday, December 30, 2010

Keeping the candle burning in 2011


Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times,
 if one only remembers to turn on the light
-
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Another year is coming to an end and we start afresh all over again. I look back over the year now and realise just how busy it has been and so many changes have taken place. I hear about New Years resolutions too and remember that I haven't made one in 2 or 3 years at least. I'm not sure why really as it is always good to aim for improvement somewhere in life and it never has to be advertised. It can be as personal and private as you like. So I think this year I will be making up for it and having at least 2 resolutions.
 However, as far as this blog is concerned,...



...I resolve to keep doing my best to encourage people everywhere to do what ever they can for the environment around them. I am not a knowledgeable book on the subject of being Eco friendly as I stated on my main home page but I still dont believe I have to be, just that I need to keep trying my best and learn and apply where possible along the way and if I learn, then pass it on.

I received a battery operated candle this year as a gift to put on my windowsill as I didn't have one. My way of keeping the light burning for he weary traveller and as we have no light in our estate it is perhaps even more significant because there are times when we need a bit of help and guidance and we can do this by helping each other. So sticking to the Eco friendly side of things I have placed the candle above to remind and ask you to keep the Eco Friendly candle burning for another year and give yourself a pat on the back for trying your best so far. Forget the few failings along the way and remember the achievements. We should be proud of them no matter how small.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment