Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What are you waiting for?

What do you see, Planet earth or Home?
I finally sat down this evening to watch a few of the programmes I recorded whilst I was studying and taking exams recently and therefore couldnt watch until now. For most of today I was trying to figure out what I was going to talk about on my radio programme on the environment this Saturday but having watched a programme from RTE 2 on Al Gore and "An Inconvenient Truth," every other thought I had so far seems insignificant now. I've known for a while now that it is important to make changes in our daily lives in order to help our planet but I never realised how much more of an effort is needed to reverse the damage already done and how urgently this needs to be done....NOW!
The ice has melted and is almost gone
Al Gore who was Vice President of America has been travelling around the world trying ot pass on his message that we all need to act together now and make a difference. It's not a trend or the latest cool gimmick that we should all be into, it's vital for our survival and I would recommend trying to get a copy or some how watch a part of the programme; "An Inconvenient truth." The pictures that I include here are not mine and have been copied from the web but I do hope that who ever they belong to the owner will see the significance and the importance of my pasting them here.

Looking for the ice



The polar bears need the ice and it allows them to migrate safely with their cubs each year for food. Without the ice, polar bears have been known to try and swims hundreds of miles in search of land or ice. They often drown trying.




I remember Hurricane Katrina.
I was too close for comfort.




Warming waters mean more hurricanes, tornadoes and storms. Have you noticed any increase in these over the past few years in comparison to the majority of your lifetime?

Crumbling to nothing





Rising sea levels mean that a large are of Manhatten will be under water, large areas of Greenland will be under water, parts of Australia too. Not bothered? If these areas are affected then your area will be too. Live in land and not too worried. What about all of the immigrants/refugees looking to relocate in your area to try and survive now that their homeland is gone. Over populated, fighting for food, water, jobs, life!




Ever heard the saying,"It could be you?" 


Why are we ignoring the signs





Many people dont want to believe that Global warning is happening and will happily tell you its a scam. Do these people have wealth that is built on oil, gold, burning fuels into the atmosphere? Might be interesting to look into. Looking after the environment now means a better place to live in future either way. Doing nothing means NO FUTURE.

Stand up and be counted and don't let good advice fall on deaf ears. In another 10 years or so saying "I told you so" wont make any difference.
I recommend you log onto Al Gores blog for a full update on what is going on in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment