Saturday, June 11, 2011

Did I miss something?


Has summer passed me by? Was I asleep? No apparently not. Its June 11th and its cold. I am still in my winter gear and not impressed. I know I am not alone. I have spoken to many people this week who, having switched the heating off for the summer months have now switched it back on and I must admit I am there with them. I have even lit the fire once or twice in the past two weeks. So where am I going with this? Well you can be a little bit wise with the heating if you keep the following in mind....


  • Make sure you work that thermostat and turn to the degree you need. Dont just ignore it. If you need to turn it up then do but if you can put on and extra layer and turn it down then choose to do that. Its bad enough getting the heating bill in during the winter without having to pay out in the summer too!



  • If you have the type of heating system that I have where you can heat one area or "zone" in the house then think about where you need heat and just heat that area. If you need heat during the day whilst watching TV then just heat the downstairs. Heat rises too remember. What is the point of heating the house all over if you are not going to appreciate it. This is really throwing money down the drain. It may make sense during the winter when we need to protect the whole house from the frost but now we should only send the heat to the particular location that it is needed.

  • I've mentioned it before but there is a reason for having the heating on a timer. Dont but the heat on and then go out and forget about it. Boost if for half an hour and see does that do the trick. 





Keep these in mind and keep your fingers well crossed too in the hope that the summer will arrive and the sun's natural warmth is all we'll need 

No comments:

Post a Comment