Friday, June 17, 2011

A touch of Magic...


I saw this little beauty quite a few months ago and lets face it alot of these items disappear just as fast as they come but this intrigued me. I picked it up to take a look at the ingredients but couldn't find any. I wondered was this because there is something in it that the manufacturers would rather I didn't see or was it that the ingredients were so simple that they are afraid I'll be able to concoct it myself. Either way I read that it is eco friendly and as this mighty "Doktor Power" product from JML that is supposed to clean a multitude of items it ended up in my basket. Here is how it got on.

The main reason I wanted to try it is that I have an oven in dire need of cleaning but I have left it so long that none of my other products really do the job. Way back, I used a very harsh product often seen on the shelves to clean ovens but when I used it and it touched my skin I really felt the burn and this was one of the reasons I started to think "green". If that small amount hurts my hand what is it doing when I rinse the full amount down the sink?
So recently I scoured with vinegar, bicarbonate of soda etc. but it just didn't do the job no matter how hard I scrubbed. Yesterday I tried Doktor Power and with a good scrub I began to see the result. The oven is much cleaner and the glass is now pretty transparent again. It didn't give me 100% results but 95% will do nicely and I have to say part of it is probably my fault for leaving it go for so long. I didn't take too much notice of the price but it wasn't expensive at around a fiver and I would recommend it to you for those stubborn little jobs.
It also did a nice job on my mum's silver without damaging it and it is
supposed to clean trainers well too which I might try later. I'll put a photo on here for you to see the result


Before

After





No comments:

Post a Comment